Welcome to medsalescoach.com, the ultimate job search resource for anyone trying to land jobs in medical or pharmaceutical sales as well as other jobs supporting the sales organization (managed care, national accounts, sales leadership, product specialists). Medsalescoach.com is written and published by Elizabeth Danford, medical sales job search expert, coach, resume writer, and candidate advocate. We deliver real job search strategies for the serious job seeker. Read more to learn about topics such as:
Resumes and cover letters
- What do hiring companies really look for in a resume?
- Do key words matter?
- How many pages should a resume be?
- How many bullet points should you have?
- What should a cover letter say?
- How long should it be?
- What is the best resume layout?
The medical sales interview
- What to expect in a medical sales interview.
- Understanding behavioral questions and the STAR format.
- Good and bad closing statements.
- Good interview questions.
Game changing job search strategies
- Using trends to learn who is hiring.
- Identifying hiring managers.
Using job boards
- Should you join the paid boards?
- What are the best industry specific job boards?
- Do you need a brag book?
- What should be included in a brag book?
- How to present a brag book.
- What hiring managers think about brag books.
30/60/90 Day Plans
- What is a 30/60/90 day plan?
- What should be included in your plan?
- When and how to present a 30/60/90 day plan.
- Stay abreast of news and trends in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industry.
- Who’s hiring?
- Who’s laying off?
Weekly updates on job postings & hiring companies
- Newly posted jobs will be sent at least once each week.
- Who is going to be expanding in the near future?
Thank you notes and other follow-up strategy
- What should an effective thank you note say?
- When should you follow-up after the interview?
- What to do when they don’t follow-up as promised?
Strategies on working with 3rd party recruiters
- Why won’t recruiters call you back?
- Understanding how recruiters work.
- Are you a candidate to work with recruiters?
- Identifying the best recruiter for your job search.
- What to expect.
- What are normal benefits offered?
- How to negotiate for a better compensation package.